Blog Archive

Monday, 12 November 2012

God almighty

So, I just done my first formal presentation of all my exhibited work. The feedback was pretty exciting. The rotating tutors all loved our idea! However.. I felt myself reaching a boiling point. Without trying to brag, far from it. I was put in charge of the group, unwillingly. The last 2 days of preparation, no-one came to the library to meet me, which ended up in hours of cyber talk, ensuring everyone had a task to do.  After spending hours giving people tasks and answering pointless questions from Katrina, a member of my group Im finding it really hard to 'click' with. I arrive at the University the next day, to be confronted with MORE stupid questions and arrogant statements from Katrina. The tasks I set them, were incomplete, or not done at all. After generating the last bit of adrenaline I could find, I told everyone what they had to do again. Whilst they were busy catching up, I spent £10 printing off the presentation and 2 page Manifesto I done single handedly! I then went on to print the A3 print AD of Alien, my draft pictures and the logo I designed AND the moon board, once again, only I contributed too. When we arrive in class to set up, I get a quick view of the work I asked them to do.... a 3 year old could of done a better job! I was fuming! They had all weekend to do this. To be honest, although I was angry, I soldiered through. But to top it all off, Katrina attempted to take ALL credit for the work. In fact, surprisingly enough, they were all very verbal about the importance of ' team work'... I wouldn't of mind contributing more to the work, if they would of been at least, the most minute bit appreciative, or honest to the tutors about it. Fortunately, I writ the feedback down, the agitation and theist clenching was a minor distraction

No comments: