Blog Archive

Monday, 29 October 2012

F**K

I arrive into my Morning Monday Lecture, to receive some uplifting news. The agency we are in the process of establishing, has to be 'AMBIENT'. To be honest, Im feeling frustrated. I was really excited about pursuing this idea and thought the team would be on board. Clearly not. Its been a bit of a downer. But, on the other hand, one of the many obstacles I'm going to face an Advertiser... I need to practice tolerance (REMINDER). Regardless. we've established a new idea. Were sticking to the theme of Radicalisation but taking a different route. After discussing other groups manifesto (All being very extreme and full-on to represent themselves as 'ORIGINAL'). We went back to stage One, the name Alien and what it means, something or someone, not from planet earth. The purpose of an Alien, to infiltrate and invade the minds of the subconscious. Alien, is now, an advertising agency whom specialises in societal radicalisation. We use passive promotional techniques, which blend in with peoples day-to-day lives. Nothing too abrupt. Leaving the consumer in complete control. We invade and infiltrate the mind of potential consumers by subtly converting conventional day to day items, into unconventional perceptions. Our emotional response predisposition is based on consumers feeling in control and feeling a sense of pride, for decoding witty messages we promote. Our USP, is we use urban surroundings as our blank canvas. We produce artistic puzzles, instead of obvious advertising tools... To be honest, I feel lost. I feel disappointed, I really feel as if i was onto something with the fourth dimensional twist. Im finding hard to re motivate myself due to my hard work being pushed to one side. I feel kind of angry. I don't really get angry. Im not that kind of person, but it feels as though I have the weight of the world on shoulders. The new concept does not make sense!!!!!! and as hard as I try to add some kind of direction to the Agency. We always end up back to point one. However, I'm having a bad day in general. A kind of day where external worries are clouding my thoughts. I feel as though I'm drowning with heavy weight words and expectations. I seriously, want to run away. Which is what I normally do when Im stuck in Limbo. I don't like to confront things. But I know, in this situation, running away is not an option... I have to deal with these problems and gain inner strength. Another obstacle Im have to learn to overcome, if I want to be a successful advertiser. I want to scream. Maybe it will help... ... back to work.

No comments: