On my way to my Tuesday lecture, I met a fellow Rastaman. As expected, we fell into a 40 minute conversation about our beliefs and world view. Youcef had recently returned back to London after travelling the irie coasts of Israel, Egypt and Holland, an opportunity to 'expand your mind and liberate your spirit'. He decided to go travelling after dropping University and now, opened his own hand-made candle store. Our conversation then strayed towards our view on money and how it defines an individuals character. Youcef told me 'Money is the root to all evil, it prevents us from loving one another, it creates injustice and war, but we need it. We all need money to get by, because were part of the system. But, dont let your love for money overpower your love for god, your love for nature and your love for your family. Go to University, get your degree and get your education. But don't let the idea of being rich, direct your future, have more important aspirations". I didn't tell him about Advertising. After blessings our farewells, we departed.
Later that day, I reflected upon our conversation. I can honestly say, however ironic, that the hour of goodness we shared, ensured me even further that I'm studying the right course and in the right place. Advertising is something I'm passionate about, not due to the average advertisers annual income, but because its the perfect opportunity to learn more about social cultures. Advertising has the power to do more then promote a company or product, its capable of creating international unification by sending mutually understandable moralistic messages. It can be used as a tool to back positive liberal movements and organisations. Thats why I'm here.
Today, I was told about my future assignments. My first task was too do a group presentation on the imperial war museum. Fortunatly, the group I was assigned too all had unique talents which would benefit our result. We had a photographer, Journalist and artist. I didnt bring much to the table. I cant wait to start this!
My second assignment was another presentation about symbolism. Well, thats all I really got from the tutorial. Im sure il get the gossip next Tuesday. However, it was an interesting tutorial. I learnt that sitting in the back of the classroom may have not been the most productive of places to be based. Back to the front or off with my head!
Later that day, I reflected upon our conversation. I can honestly say, however ironic, that the hour of goodness we shared, ensured me even further that I'm studying the right course and in the right place. Advertising is something I'm passionate about, not due to the average advertisers annual income, but because its the perfect opportunity to learn more about social cultures. Advertising has the power to do more then promote a company or product, its capable of creating international unification by sending mutually understandable moralistic messages. It can be used as a tool to back positive liberal movements and organisations. Thats why I'm here.
Today, I was told about my future assignments. My first task was too do a group presentation on the imperial war museum. Fortunatly, the group I was assigned too all had unique talents which would benefit our result. We had a photographer, Journalist and artist. I didnt bring much to the table. I cant wait to start this!
My second assignment was another presentation about symbolism. Well, thats all I really got from the tutorial. Im sure il get the gossip next Tuesday. However, it was an interesting tutorial. I learnt that sitting in the back of the classroom may have not been the most productive of places to be based. Back to the front or off with my head!
No comments:
Post a Comment