Blog Archive

Saturday, 27 October 2012

The Print Ad, Duh Duh Duh!

So.... my over-impulsive character decided Monday was too long a wait to gain the approval of my team. So as any teenager would do (I will delay the enrolment to adolescence for as long as I see fit), I decided to aggressively harass my team via Facebook and abrupt phone calls. Fortunately, they appraised me, in a 'stop harassing me' kind of way. Nevertheless, they liked the idea. Step Two. I have created a print ad draft! Doing a bit of research into 1970s and 60s advertising ads, I followed the comedic direction, a way of creating an emotional response from viewers and in addition, a witty ad, which didnt revel to much about who we was. Eliminating long dialogues of who we are, what we hope to achieve, when we were co-founded Bluh Bluh Bluh. I figured, creating a witty print ad with little information would create a sense of involvement from the viewer and in addition, convince them to find out more information by choice, giving the viewer more control.

The ad is set in an Urban scene, with a comedic value. All traces of our identity our camouflaged into the scenery, allowing the viewer to acknowledge the print, and gain a positive first impression.

No comments: