Blog Archive

Sunday, 7 October 2012

Firs Day inductions

My name is Charlotte Ross. Im a 20 year old ball of fun. Not so long ago, I began an epic journey to enlightenment. Part of my journey will be recorded in this blog, due to me recently taking up an Advertising course at the University of the Arts London. 

I chose Advertising to gain a more in-depth idea, about what the media is feeding us. Using this knowledge, I hope to gain a career which will allow me to travel the world and compare the media within different cultures. Although this all seems a little far-fetched, UAL encourages personal extremism, eccentricity and the ability to dream big. 

The first day of university was nerve-wrecking. Although I havn't been formally diagnosed with social anxiety, I find myself taking longer then most people to adjust to new surroundings. However, the university has an amazing vibe, swarming with like-minded creative people. I immediately felt comfortable after the first lecture, bumping into peers I've spoken to whilst social networking. This was reinforced during my first tutorial session; As an 'icebreaker' task, we were separated into small groups and told to talk about ourselves. This later resolved in various groups uniting after class.

No comments: